Matthew loves to bring electronic devices to life through the magic and discipline of embedded software engineering.
With 20 years of software and firmware development experience, Matthew has run the gamut, solving problems in complex high volume consumer electronics software to tiny, but deceptively complex, microcontroller based devices.
- Software and firmware consulting, development, and project planning
- Embedded systems software architecture and system design
- Supporting expert witnesses in the analysis of products undergoing software-related litigation, including patent and copyright infringement analysis.
- Due diligence support
- Product development research
Note: Matthew’s product development consulting services provided directly via “Matthew Eshleman Consulting”
- MSEE and BEE: Georgia Tech
- Member of The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
- Adherent to the IEEE code of ethics.
- Delivered embedded software for products used by millions
“…. we have found Matthew’s service to be extremely cost effective; mainly because of his broad depth of knowledge and ability to quickly generate code for specific functions and applications while keeping a complete understanding of the entire system in perspective …. I cannot say enough positive things about our contracting and consulting experience with Matthew Eshleman.”
— Tom Jones – Research Electronics International – General Manager
Full endorsement details are available upon request.
Specific Skills and Expertise
- Software architecture and team leadership
- Event driven design patterns and hierarchical state machines
- Products with digital communications and RF requirements such as:
- Bluetooth, Cellular, DTV, Satellite, Cable, GPS, Tuners
- Languages: C++, C#, C, Python, among others
- Frameworks: Qt, .Net, among others
- System network communications protocols such as MQTT
- Test Driven Development (TDD) of embedded software and firmware
- Microcontrollers: ESP32, various ARM based microcontrollers, others
- Application processors: ARM A8, A9, Xilinx Zynq, TI AM335x, Toshiba ARM and MIPS, others
- Real Time Operating Systems: FreeRTOS, Embedded Linux, pSOS, among others
- Bare metal firmware
- Factory testing and programming support software
- U.S. Patent No. 7,505,081: System and method for preserving external storage device control while in picture-outside-picture (POP) or picture-in-picture (PIP) modes
- U.S. Patent No. 6,434,562: Computer system and method for providing digital video and data over a communication channel
- U.S. Patent No. 6,154,772: System and method for the delivery of digital video and data over a communication channel
- U.S. Patent No. 6,208,666: System and method for maintaining timing synchronization in a digital video network
Located outside Nashville in the state of Tennessee, Matthew is here to be of service.
Email: Matthew’s Email
LinkedIn: Matthew Eshleman